Krum Veterinary Hospital is a full-service veterinary hospital for your pets’ needs. Dr. Lee has created a facility with top-of-the line equipment, products, and services to provide the best care for our patients, including:
- 4 comfortable exam rooms to accommodate a busy schedule.
- State of the art surgical and treatment area with a highly trained nursing/technical staff to provide excellent critical care and surgical recovery.
- Digital x-ray machine for high-quality radiography that produces radiographs instantly that can be emailed or sent to specialist for review.
- In-house ultrasound for sonograms, for thoracic and abdominal screenings as well as reproductive pregnancy checks.
- Safest anesthetic protocols that use Sevoflurane gas for general anesthesia. Sevoflurane is used for all general anesthesia patients. This is the same anesthesia used in pediatric medicine.
- VetSpecs and Cardell surgical monitor that provides EKG, oxygen saturation, temperature and blood pressure monitoring used for superior anesthetic monitoring and diagnostic testing
- In-house blood work capabilities (Abaxis Hematology and Chemistry Machines) which means results in 30 minutes or less.
- Swift and Olympus microscopes for analyzing cytological samples.
- Heated surgical table to keep your pet from developing hypothermia during surgical procedures
- Dental scaler/polisher for routine dental procedures above and below the gum line. High speed drill and top of line dental machine to allow for extractions and other specialized dental procedures.
- Digital, Portable, Dental X-Ray Machine that produces images to a 60 in TV in the treatment room for easy viewing
- A full line of prescription diets for pets with special medical and nutritional needs
- Full pharmacy on site for prescription medications, as well as nutritional supplements and preventatives
- Outsourcing of specialized laboratory tests to Idexx Labs with rapid test turn around.
- Autoclave for sterilization of surgical equipment
- Ophthalmascope/otoscope for eye and ear exams
- In-house Tonometry unit to check eye pressures and screen for glaucoma, as well as other ocular diseases.
- A full line of in-house, table-side testing for rapid results and screening for multiple diseases such as parvo virus, heartworms, feline leukemia, FIV, Giardia, and pancreatitis,
In addition, we also offer luxury boarding and full-service grooming and bathing 5 days a week.
Taking The Extra Step
In addition to the above equipment and products, KVH also goes that extra step with even routine procedures. All routine surgeries (i.e. spay, neuter, declaw) will be given pain medications to limit their pain post-operatively. All dental procedures will have fluoride and a sealant (OraVet) applied, as well as the routine scaling and polishing. Patients undergoing a dental will also be on intravenous fluids throughout the procedure to support kidney blood flow. All surgical patients receive a “surgery buddy” that will be in the recovery area when they wake up. These are just a few of the “extras” that we have included in order to give your pet the best care possible. Written estimates are available by request, and they are also given to owners before any surgeries or hospitalization is required for their pet.
We take your pet’s health seriously and strive to provide quality services for your animal. Whatever your pet’s needs are, we are here to help.